Friday, January 24, 2014

One Skirt, Three Ways: ASOS CURVE Exclusive Midi Skirt In Stripe

Hello everyone! I know I've taken (a bit more than) a hiatus - family, work, and school is a heavy burden! But I've found lately that I really miss blogging. It's like therapy for me - I find it very relaxing. :D But enough about that, on to the fashion!

I thought to kick off this reemergence of mine (for as long as it lasts, haha) with another styling post. I had my eye on a vertical striped skirt at Dorothy Perkins a while ago and I was SO CLOSE to buying it when I found it had sold out! I was pretty upset, I'm not going to lie. Since then I had never been able to find similar one; lots of horizontal stripes, but no vertical. Finally, I was browsing the ASOS Curve webpage and jumped when I saw a PLUS-SIZE (!) vertically striped skirt for less than forty bucks!!! I immediately began outfit planning and thought I'd share my favorite looks I came up with you guys!

OUTFIT #1

CZ Stud Earrings, Kohl's
Ciao! Graphic Sweater, Forever21+ (SOLD OUT) (similar here and here)
ASOS CURVE Exclusive Midi Skirt In Stripe, ASOS
Merona® Print Hinge Wallet - Multicolored, Target
Prabal Gurung For Target Wedge Sandal w/ Ankle Strap, Target (SOLD OUT) (MANY sizes available on Ebay!)


Outfit #2

CARMEN MIRANDA BIB, Baublebar
Women's Pop Color Crew-Neck Sweaters, Old Navy

ASOS CURVE Exclusive Midi Skirt In Stripe, ASOS
Merona Emma Genuine Leather Scrunch Flat, Target

Outfit #3

Geo Star Studs, Forever21 (SOLD OUT!) (similar here, here, and here)
ASOS 90's Crop Top with Long Sleeve, ASOS (ON SALE!)
ASOS CURVE Exclusive Midi Skirt In Stripe, ASOS
City Classified Space White and Light Tan High Heel Sandals, Lulu's

And there you have it! I love all three looks. but if I had to pick one, Outfit #1 is probably the most "me." It feels so Italian-chic to me (ignoring the the "ciao!" on my chest, haha!). The hard wallet from that look was bought for my by my awesome room mate for christmas. I use it everyday, not just as a clutch. I love that it has a hard shell and is big enough on the inside to hold my phone (if I use it as a clutch) as well as receipts, and my apartments keys even! Also, can I just take a moment to rave about the color-block sandals in Outfit #3? I freakin' LOVE these sandals. The heel is just thick enough, and just low-enough, that I can walk easily in.

Well, I think that's it for tonight! I hope you all enjoy your weekend!


(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis