Sunday, June 23, 2013

LOOK-ALIKES: Valentino "Rockstud" Ankle Strap Heels

(The Look-Alike heels may be sold out by now, but I did a similar Look-Alikes post on the Valentino Rockstud Patent Ballet Flat here that is still in stock!)

UPDATE!!! - I just came across another pair of shoes that look EXACTLY like the Valentinos - it's not even funny. And guess what..........they're only $34.00. Yes. That is correct. Find them (and pounce) here. You're welcome.


Hello! Another day, another Sunday Look-Alikes post! This week I though I'd showcase an extreme example of Look-Alikes (i.e - BIIIIIG price difference) and also one that is somewhat specific to plus-size women (i.e - wide width). So from the "wide width" and the post title you should have figured out by now that this post will be all about shoes, shoes, shoes. Amazingly, as much as I love fashion, I've never been that into shoes. They just don't really do it for me. Now jewelry on the other hand...that's a different story! However, since so many fashionistas out there, regardless of size, live for shoes I thought I'd throw you all a bone. :D Below you will see the ultimate "It" shoe of right now. I can't tell you how many well-know celebrities and bloggers this shoe has graced the feet of. If you're unprepared for the awesomeness...I suggest you shield your eyes...


Toasted Crackerz: Plus-Size Fashion Blog
Valentino Rockstud Patent Sandal, Bergdorf Goodman, $945.00

They're not my style so much, but they seem to be almost everyone else's style! Here is where we get to the sticky part. First of all, not many women have a spare $950 just laying around (I assume). This is a pricey shoe! Second of all, if you're anything like me you've noticed that being plus-size occasionally means foot fat. And nobody looked good in ANY shoe with a muffin top on their foot. Ever. So sometime we big girls have to look at "wide width" shoes, which can be anything from wide calves on boots to a wider foot bed in flats, thus eliminating the foot fat. This all brings me to the less pricier version of the Valentino:


Toasted Crackerz: Plus-Size Fashion Blog
Pink & Nude Color Blocked Studded Heels, Torrid, $44.50

While it says "medium width" on the website, it also says at the bottom, "fits roomier than the standard medium width." That means your cup will not spillith over. And when I say cup...I mean "voluptuous" feet. Isn't the similarity striking? And for almost $900 less than the Valentinos, WHAT A STEAL!!! I kind of like that the heel is shorter. My max heel height is about 3 inches, 4" with a platform. I can't stand when women try to hobble around on shoes that are clearly too tall for them! Tall heels are supposed to be sexy I guess, but what's sexy about a woman stumbling down the rode like a drunk seagull? Anyway, that's my mini rant for the day. Hope your Sunday is going well, and happy shopping!



(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis