Thursday, June 27, 2013

E.L.F Cosmetics Haul!

Toasted Crackerz: Plus-Size Fashion Blog

So I ended up at the E.L.F (Eyes Lips Face) Cosmetics website a few weeks ago in my search for a reasonably (in my opinion) priced eyebrow powder. When I looked around a bit more I was shocked at how low most of the prices were. I didn't see much that was above 20-30 bucks. Now that's my kind of makeup. For those of you who don't know, makeup isn't really my thing and I hate to spend a lot of money on it. So this was perfect for me! :D

I went in with eyebrow powder, mineral powder foundation, clear primer, and a kabuki brush in my shopping cart and ended up getting a lot more than that, haha. But here's the great thing: all the rest of the stuff you see in the above photo was FREE. (And no, this is not a sponsored post!) I came across a code that included thirty-one dollars worth of free cosmetics with a minimum purchase of $20. (Sorry to say that code expired June 17th!) If you missed this deal, no worries. Looks like E.L.F is CONSTANTLY having one kind of sale or another. 

Anyway, I got all this great stuff which is awesome because I'd never buy it myself. It was called the "Summer Catch Collection," and in it I got an eyeshadow quad, lipgloss, a moisturizing stick, mineral eyeshadow primer, a blush/bronzer combo, bronzing glitter, and sweet mango lotion wipes. All in all, I'd say this was a major score.

I think it will take too long to do a blow by blow review of everything, so I'll just keep it really short. I love the eyebrow powder/gel. It's perfect. The kabuki brush is SO soft and absolutely perfect for blending in the mineral foundation. As for the mineral foundation, so far I love it. It's lightweight and keeps my T-zone a litte less oily through the day (which is a miracle). Not to mention, in the right light it really does give you an "airbrushed" look. Underneath the powder foundation the clear face primer is AH-MAZING! Everything else is satisfactory for the time being.  I'll have to use them a few more times to get a more informed opinion. The lipgloss is a little tacky in texture, and it smells a little too sweet for my tastes, but the color ("goddess") is very nice.

Below I thought I'd have a little fun and use all but the bronze glitter at once and see the effect. I have to say it is quite nice and natural looking, which I love!


Toasted Crackerz: Plus-Size Fashion Blog


(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis