Sunday, September 8, 2013

LOOK-ALIKES: Valentino Rockstud Ballerina Flats

Hello, my little lovelies. My posts...ugh, I don't even want to talk about my drawn-out post schedule. I'll do a little post later explaining my issues. For now let's just focus on the fashion, shall we?

This week's Look-Alikes post was primarily inspired by the overwhelming popularity of my last Valentino Rockstud Look-Alikes post (see here). It is, without contest, the most visited post of this website. But since the less expensive alternative I offered (the studded heels from Torrid) are sold as (as far as I know) I thought this time I might cater to the less heel-wearing-inclined types (like myself) and offer another solution: Valentino's Rockstud Ballerina Flats!


Valentino Rockstud Flats, Nordstrom, $695.00

I really like the idea of a flat version. I've seen pictures of other fashion bloggers wearing the heel version, and let me tell you...it doesn't NOT look comfortable. I know that since I'm short, I should be ALL ABOUT the high heel, blah blah blah. For more info on my issues with heels, refer here. Anyway, I like these flats. I actually have a pair that look just like them in leopard that I got at Charlotte Russe. Unfortunately, they proved to be a little less than comfortable, so they'll be going on my Tradesy site sometime soon. (EDIT! Check them out here!)

Until then, I found another near-identical alternative option. See below:


Catwalk Collection Ballerina E Fit, Simplybe, (SALE!) $34.00

Pretty nice, huh? This shoe also comes in red (similar to the red Valentino Rockstud flat). I actually like how the toe isn't as pointed as the Valentino one. I'll take an almond toe to a true pointy toe any day. Another thing that most people wouldn't probably think about (which I think because I didn't) is the pointy-ness of the studs. I cross my ankles when I sit and I have a pair of shoes that have sharp spikes that dig into the back of my ankle. I'm not sure of course, but from the picture it looks like the pyramid studs on the Valentino flats are pretty pointy, whereas on the Simplybe version the studs look more rounded. But I reiterate: I am not 100% sure either way which might be more pointy.

Well, I think this is where I will leave you. Have a great sunday and happy shopping!



(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis