Sunday, September 15, 2013

An Explanation

So I feel like I owe anyone who reads this blog an apology. I know I haven't been on the ball as far as posts go and I feel like it's the responsibility of the web master to let people know in advance if an absence is anticipated - and I haven't done that. I keep thinking that I'll get around to posting, but my life has been pretty hectic lately and it just hasn't happened (obviously).


First of all, I moved into my first apartment this past weekend and that was stressful and crazy. This is the first time I haven't slept in my childhood bedroom for more than a day, ever, and it's caused me some anxiety. Apparently I don't adjust to big changes as well as I thought. I know I'll get over it eventually but for now I've been a little blue. 


Secondly, and more importantly, my dad was recently diagnosed with cancer and, as you can imagine, it has turned my world upside down. His surgeon thinks he can be cured, but it is still scary as hell. This is a big reason I haven't blogged as much as I would like. Between his surprise diagnosis/treatment, work, and my upcoming move-out, I just haven't felt up for blogging. I know this too will change, but I honestly can't give a timeline at this point. I don't plan on taking an extended break...maybe a week. 


I hope you stick it out and wait for my return - because I WILL return. I just need time.



Thanks for your patience,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis