Sunday, November 17, 2013

LOOK-ALIKES: Dotted Pullover from Coldwater Creek

Ahoj! (That's "hello" in Czech...just trying to keep it spicy.) Today is a cool Look-Alikes post because I get to take an item from a store people typically associate with a straight-sized, more...ahem, "mature" demographic, and feature a similarly-looking item that not only is cute and modern, but PLUS SIZE! Woo-hoo! Let's get started, shall we?

This week's Look-Alikes post is curtesy of Coldwater Creek. And before you cringe and click the "back" button (you know who you are), I would just like to throw in that I have found some really modern and chic items there. I believe it is a gem that is rarely tapped by the (plus-size) fashion-conscious. But you can get some really great embellished and knit pieces there for a really excellent deal if you shop during the right sale. Okay, moving on. This was another "accidental" find that made me do a double take. Below you'll find the Coldwater Creek version:


Dotted Pullover, Coldwater Creek, $69.95 (for the plus-size version)

I wouldn't say this is "old lady" at all! I think it is adorable and ridiculously feminine! The price is a little out of my comfort zone for as casual a item as an embellished sweatshirt. I just love the little dots though! It reminds me of Swiss Dot fabric which I've always loved.

A little while later when doing my routine browse of Target's clothes section, I stumbled across the below image:


Merona® Women's Plus-Size Long-Sleeve Pullover Top, Target, $24.99

Once again, it is a rather startling resemblance. Though I suppose the Merona top from Target could be seen by some as more "youthful" because of the raglan sleeves and visible seaming at the hem, wrists, and neck. If you go to the Target website, Target features a picture of this top on a plus-size model that looks relaxed in a kind of effortless way and yet like it still has the potential to be VERY comfortable.

Whichever one you choose I think they are both wonderful additions to any woman's closet for similar, and different, reasons. I personally like the Coldwater Creek version a little better...but it's hard to say no to such a price reduction for Target's version that is so strikingly similar.

That's all for now folks! Here's hoping for a wonderful rest of the week! :D


(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis