Friday, November 15, 2013

My Fall/Winter Wardrobe VIP's

1. Warehouse Iris Print Scarf - ASOS (SOLD OUT - similar here)
2. JCP Ankle-Length Pants - Plus, JC Penney
3. Fab Skinny Jeans (Short) in "Denim" - Forever21+
4. ASOS CURVE 80 Denier Black Tights, ASOS
5. Leopard Jersey Skater Dress, Dorothy Perkins (SOLD OUT - similar here and here and a sexier version here)
6. Merona Plus-Size Long-Sleeve Pullover Sweater, Target
7. H&M+ Lace Top, H&M
8. 212 Collection Solid Jacket - Women's Plus, Kohl's (Edgier version I LOVE here)
9. Clean Riding Boot, Lane Bryant
10. Mossimo Supply Co. Voneta Studded Tuxedo Flat, Target
11. Sleek Asymmetrical Faux Leather Skirt, Forever21+
12. Patent Tote Bag By Isabel & Ruben Toledo, Lane Bryant
13. ASOS Maternity Skater Dress With Slash Neck, ASOS (SOLD OUT - similar here and here)
14. Avanti Asymmetrical Zip-Front Jacket, JC Penney
15. Simple Silver Medium Hoop Earrings, Lane Bryant (SOLD OUT - similar here)
16. Cheap Monday Watch Bracelet, ASOS

Hello all! I thought I'd do a quick(ish) post about the MVP's of my Fall/Winter wardrobe. (YAY!)

I was honestly surprised when I was picking out my can't-live-without pieces how many were black! I pride myself on being a lover of color...especially in winter! I always rolled my eyes at the metropolitan elite who would don a shroud of black (and occasionally gray) from the months of November to January. But look at me! I'm one of themmmm!!! Ahem, in my defense though, these are my TRUE essentials. I have plenty of colorful and patterned items I like to switch in and out amongst these chosen ones. And that's not even including my accessories!

Pants are kind of a must for me in winter. Besides being warmer than anything else, they can also cover up some of that no-shave November action! (Come on! As if I'm not the only one who immediately slacks off when it comes to shaving legs the instant cooler weathers blow in!) But for the days that you want to wear a cute dress or skirt without freezing (or shaving still :P) tights are also a must. I prefer more opaque tights myself, so I really like the 80 Denier (which is the opacity level btw) tights from ASOS Curve. They actually stretch really well over my large thighs and are quite thick and sturdy.

Let's talk a quick moment about boots. I feel, as a woman with what is politely called "athletic calves" the boot options are atrociously unacceptable. It's as if boot makers assume ALL women have teeny little stick calves (no offense, yo)! Even boots labeled "wide calf" have let me down before. And it's not like I have gigantor calves either! Mine are about 17.5 around, which is where most straight-sized boots reach their max. I JUST WANT TO TUCK MY PANTS INTO MY BOOTS!!! I've tried - I kid you not - three separate "wide calf" (those quotes are sarcastic by the way) boots and none of them fit. It was truly amazing...in an angering kind of way. Luckily, I found these beauties from Lane Bryant! I ordered them online, tried them on in the store...and I LOVED them! They are quite comfortable (I wore them to work as a test) and the elastic godets in the back of the boots stretch perfectly when I tuck in skinny jeans. And they are, as their name indicates, nice and clean - free of all that ridiculous ornamentation that typically plagues boots.

I adore the Avanti coat from JCP. It only goes up to XL, but it has ribbed panels on either side of the coat that stretch really well. The fabric (minus the ribbing) is made of an easy-to-clean polyester so you don't have to worry too much about keeping it clean. The wide collar is crazy chic.

I think everything else is pretty straight forward. Thanks for stopping by, peeps, and have a wonderful weekend!


(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis