Tuesday, August 13, 2013

1 Skirt - 3 Ways: Xhileration Junior's Challis Skirt From Target

So, as mentioned a couple posts ago (see here), I am in love with this challis skirt by Xhileration by Target. Besides the print being amazingly fabulous, this skirt is a perfect example of how curvy girls shouldn't restrict themselves to shopping solely in the "curvy girl" sections. The skirt is straight-sized AND a junior's, yet my - dare I say...voluptuous -  hips and thighs fit perfectly into the 19 size. I also mentioned in the previous post that I was planning to do a post (...I feel like I'm saying the word "post" a lot...) in which I styled said skirt in 3 ways. Well, here it is! 

The outfits were assembled via the Mac app, "Dress Assistant," which I've had for over 3 years and I'm OBSESSED I tell you! The organization abilities are great; I can see everything (and I mean everything!) in my wardrobe from tops to scarves to bags to earrings and lay them all out in outfits. If you are a planner like me, you will love this app as much as I do. I also believe there is a corresponding smartphone app. 

But enough about that! Let's get down to the nitty gritty shall we?


OUTFIT #1

Toasted Crackerz: Plus Size Fashion Blog
Geo Wire Earrings, F21, (SOLD OUT) (similar here and here)
Lightwash Chambray Blouse, Target, (SOLD OUT) (Similar herehere, and here)
Jennifer Hudson Collection Vest with Sheer Inset Detail, QVC, (SALE!) $32.96

Xhilaration® Juniors Challis Skirt, Target, $19.99
Zigzag Raffia Clutch, F21, (SOLD OUT) (Similar here)
Merona Emma Genuine Leather Scrunch Flat, Target, $39.99

I like this outfit a lot. It is so casual and yet chic! I got inspiration for the look from the July/August issue of InStyle magazine (my fave). In my opinion, it is a perfect going-out daytime look because it combines all of the best components of style: color, pattern, texture, and shine (thank you, What Not to Wear!).

You can't tell from the photo above, but the Jennifer Hudson vest has a sheer panel from the back to both side seams. It looks so cool layered over patterned items. This would easily transition to a date look by adding a nice pair of heels (such as the ones in outfit #3!)


OUTFIT #2

Toasted Crackerz: Plus Size Fashion Blog
Simple Studs (here and here)
Solid Scoop Neck Cami, F21+, $5.80
New Look Inspire Baseball Jacket, ASOS Curve, $33. 37 (Also Available in Red)

Xhilaration® Juniors Challis Skirt, Target, $19.99
Christian Siriano Women's Margo Oxford, Payless, (SOLD OUT) (Similar here and here)

This is a much more feminine outfit, with the flippy skirt and the (AMAZEBALLS) shiny pink oxfords by Christian Siriano for Payless (he is one of my all-time favorite Project Runway alums!). I love these shoes - they are honestly the most perfect shade of pink! The first time I wore them I got several positive comments.

However to toughen it up - just a bit - I thought the New Look Inspire Baseball Jacket from ASOS Curve would be perfect. It's still a little too warm where I am to wear this bad boy, but you can trust me when I say the first Fall day we have I will be wearing it. Plus, it is SUPER soft on the inside!


OUTFIT #3

Toasted Crackerz: Plus Size Fashion Blog
Cyndi Gem Strand, Baublebar, (SOLD OUT) (Similar here and here)
Wine Rib Crew Jumper, Dorothy Perkins, $27.00

Xhilaration® Juniors Challis Skirt, Target, $19.99
Ginerator, Aerosoles, (SALE!) $29.99

Last, but not least, the third and final outfit! I call this a "sexy librarian" look, haha! I have lots of outfits I categorize under this title. I'm probably much more conservative than most girls my age (who I like to think are just going through a slutty phase...) but I still want to keep some allure - hence, "sexy librarian."

See, it's librarian in that the chest and arms are completely covered and the skirt goes to the knee. Yet sexy in the shoes, the edgy necklace and the fact that the sweater is body-hugging. (I also happen to believe that flippy skirts with lots of movement are pretty sexy :P)

Okay then, that's it for this post! I had so much fun doing this I might turn this "3 Ways" idea into a regular thing. But let's not get ahead of ourselves! I'll see y'all later!



(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis