Thursday, August 22, 2013

OOTD: I've Had the Time of My Life

Toasted Crackerz: Plus Size Fashion Blog
Chained Bar Earrings, Forever21, $3.80
Contrast Damask Cardigan, Forever21+, (SOLD OUT)
Pleated A-Line Dress, Lane Bryant, (SALE) $59.99
Mossimo Supply Co. Voneta Studded Tuxedo Flat, Target, $19.99

Wore this out today to get a VERY EARLY breakfast with the parents. I'm not a morning person by any means, but if someone tells me there's a chance I'll get Eggs Benedict...I'm there - no questions asked. Eggs Benedict is literally one of the most delicious, perfectly tasty meals ever created. Period. At this point I could eat it for every meal every day. I'm going to stop talking about it now because I'm starting to salivate.

I know! Let's talk about this dress for a second! I am in love. The color. The pleats. The full, flippy skirt. I named this post after the song immortalized by Dirty Dancing. The swishy skirt reminded me so much of the white dress Baby wears in the final scene I couldn't resist! Which also made me think this would be a great dress to wear out dancing with a beau. 

I threw the cardigan on because it was cold this morning, and I like to mix patterns into outfits that would otherwise just be two solid colors (i.e - boring!). I also love the earrings. I've had an affinity for "threader" earrings since high school. I remember one boy was so disgusted by the fact that I have to pull the chain through my piercing hole. It is an odd feeling, but not painful. I got them in silver since I think I don't have enough stuff in silver. I tend to gravitate towards the gaudy/ghetto fabulous gold, haha.

Anyway, I think that's it! Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of you day, and BUY THIS DRESS!!! (I'm serious, it will be one of the best investments you make for your wardrobe.)


(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis