Sunday, August 11, 2013

LOOK-ALIKES: Jennifer Zeuner "Love" Stud Earrings

Hello, my little darlings! I realize my previously regular posts (Look-Alikes, & DIY Fridays) have been annoyingly sporadic recently and I do apologize about that. I honestly don't know how bloggers are able to balance a full life and continue to blog regularly, unless they are a full-time blogger! I feel like I'm still trying to find a balance between my semi-full life and my blog (which I really enjoy doing). Anyway, I've said my peace. :D

Since I spend so much of my free time online, I browse MANY different websites and products and I have to say it is surprisingly easy to find look-alikes. I guess most people either don't have the time or share the same enthusiasm I have for combing through literally thousands of clothing items just to find that one perfect piece. One recent example of this has been made into this week's Look-Alikes post. I did it a little backwards this time, though. I saw a low end item and KNEW there had to be a high end somewhere - and that's where the search began. 

Below you will see the high-end version I was able to find (without much difficulty, I might add):


Toasted Crackerz: Plus Size Fashion Blog
Jennifer Zeuner "Love" Stud Earrings, Bergdorf Goodman, $132.00

I'm personally not really a fan of teeny, delicate jewelry because I feel like since I'm plus-size and round everywhere - I don't know - I feel like small things get lost on me. But delicate jewelry has always been popular and I also happened to notice that jewelry involving the words "Love" have been particularly sought-after lately. I'm not partial to "Love" or heart jewelry but I figure if I were to ever do it, it would have to be something simple.

These Jennifer Zeuner "Love" stud earrings would probably fit the bill, if it weren't for the outrageous price of $132.00! I mean, I get that they're probably made out of pure gold or something (they are made in the USA which is actually a nice change) but I've never been able to understanding laying down that kind of coin for TEENY little things people might not even notice (then again, I have been called gaudy...). Luckily, before I even found the high-end version of these earrings, I had already scouted out TWO low-end alternatives. See below:


Toasted Crackerz: Plus Size Fashion Blog
I Love It Studs, Forever21, $2.80

As usual, Forever21 is to the rescue. I've seen more low-end look-alikes on the F21 website than probably anywhere else on the web. They truly have trendy, in-style pieces for ridiculously low prices. I wish I could fit into their straight-sized clothing as the plus-size options are kind of a hit-and-miss as far as fashionable and flattering goes. These may not be as close a match as the option down below, but they are the least expensive, for all the super-frugal fashionistas out there.

The second option seen below was a surprise find. I don't go on the World Market website that often but every once and a while they have amazing jewelry (see my post about it here). 


Toasted Crackerz: Plus Size Fashion Blog
Gold Love Stud Earrings, World Market, $4.99

The World Market earrings are the closest match I could find. I like how the font looks more like Times New Roman as opposed to the F21 pair which resemble the Arial font. The Jennifer Zeuner pair is kind of an mixture of the two. And it seems to me like the World Market earrings don't look quite as much like fake gold like the F21 ones.

Anyway, that's that! I hope you all enjoy your Sundays -  see you soon!



(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis