Sunday, August 18, 2013

LOOK-ALIKES: Gucci 18K Yellow Gold Horsebit Bracelet

Hi, everybody! I would just like to start this post by saying that the DIY Friday segments will be...not going away necessarily, but I just haven't been feeling all that crafty lately. My sister has agreed to guest post whenever she does a project. As for me, I still have that long list of stuff. I'm sure I'll get back to it eventually. While I like the DIY posts, this wasn't meant to be a DIY blog when I created it. So friday posts will either be - er - nonexistent, or I will fill it with some other interesting segment. Thanks for your attention. Moving on.

Wow, these Look-Alikes posts come around so fast it seems! I think I'll keep this one short and simple. It's been a pretty laid-back day. :D This was another completely accidental find. I was reading an article on Refinery29.com about wardrobe classics and saw this bracelet:


Toasted Crackerz: Plus Size Fashion Blog
Gucci 18K Yellow Gold Horsebit Bracelet, Bloomingdales, $7,600 (EEK!!!)

When I first saw the picture, I though, "oh, I didn't think anything trendy from ASOS would make it on the list." You might understand my confusion when you see the picture below:


Toasted Crackerz: Plus Size Fashion Blog
Gogo Philip Linked Stirrup Bracelet, ASOS, (SALE) $23.63

It had been a while since I'd seen the Gogo Philip bracelet and I'll admit it isn't the closest matching Look-Alikes I've ever done, but you have to admit the intention and the inspiration behind the bracelets is uncanny. Message to take away: yes, they aren't an exact copy - but for over $7,500 less than the Gucci bracelet, Gogo Philip's version would make a lovely gift for any American Classic fashionista. 

HOWEVER! If you are looking for a slightly more similar look to the Gucci, Gogo Philip has another bracelet on ASOS that would fit the bill (plus it's less than the sale price on the above bracelet). You can find it here. If you like the look of the stirrup but want a more edgy look, Gogo Philip has a mismatched earring set here.

Thanks for stopping by - see you around!


(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis