Sunday, July 7, 2013

LOOK-ALIKES: Anthropologie Filigree Peacock Earrings

It feels like it's been so long since I wrote one of these Look-Alikes post, but that's just because I usually write a ton of them all at once! Anyway, this weeks look-alike is brought to us by Anthropologie. I went through a kind of "complete-obsessed-with-Anthropologie" phase late in high school. Of course, I wasn't one of those high school kids who could afford the things at Anthro, but did that stop me from reading strictly Anthropologie-OOTD blogs religiously? Heck no! I've kind of grown out of the Anthro style - it's a little TOO lady-like for my tastes - but I do browse their epic jewelry section online every now and then. And that, my friends, is how I came across the subject of today's post: Anthropologie's Filigree Peacock Earrings (shown below):

Toasted Crackerz: Plus-Size Fashion Blog
Filigree Peacock Chandeliers, Anthropologie, $48.00

Toasted Crackerz: Plus-Size Fashion BlogThis is probably a little pricier than what most people would want to spend of a piece of (what I consider to be) novelty jewelry. If you know anything about Anthro, you know their jewelry can get WAY expensive, even on sale (though you can often find a gem - har har - if you look hard enough and hit the right sale). 

When I saw these, I had to pause. I looked at them for a good long while. I thought to myself: "I bought these earrings...at Forever21!" Granted it was several years ago and F21's peacock earrings are no longer for sale online (I checked) but I KNEW these were the same (minus the pearl beads) because I still have them. See pic at right for exhibit A...

Convinced yet? So, knowing that I had the same exact earrings on my hands as the Anthro kind, I figured there must be something similar out in the wide world of Google Shopping. So I googled it, and found the below option:

Toasted Crackerz: Plus-Size Fashion Blog
Big Ornate Peacock Dangle Earrings in Brass, Tribal Muse, $8.99

I checked out the website since it's one I've never heard of and it seems legit. But, as with all online shopping, always, ALWAYS EXERCISE CAUTION! If you don't feel comfortable making an online purchase somewhere, it's always better not to do it. I, myself, have made some risky online purchases, and while they luckily panned out for me I am much more cautious now. There are a lot of scammers looking to take advantage of shop-o-holics like me (and possibly you)! Anyway, that's my spiel. 

What's great about the low-cost earrings is that they look like if you're mildly handy with needle nose pliers and have some spare pearl beads and wire, you could easily make the low-cost look EXACTLY like the high cost pair.

Well, I think that's all for today. Happy Shopping!



(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis