Sunday, July 21, 2013

LOOK-ALIKES: ASOS Statement Pharaoh Collar Necklace

Hello, all! Wow, the week really goes fast - I feel like I JUST wrote the Star Wars ASOS dress Look-Alike post yesterday! (I got the dress in the mail yesterday - it's...SPECTACULAR!!!) But onward we must go. This Sunday, I thought I'd get back into the traditional form of this segment and do a high/low Look-Alike. The high-end version is curtesy of ASOS.com (I think I might have an addiction to this place...). It's a statement collar necklace reminiscent of ancient pharaohs of old. And if you haven't caught on by now: I am a die-hard ancient history geek (and I'm not afraid to say it!). Below you'll see a picture:


ASOS Statement Pharaoh Collar Necklace, ASOS, $59.40

So yes...I may have a bit of a Cleopatra fetish - but  I'm sure I'm not the only one!!! Suffice to say, I wouldn't mind having this necklace in my arsenal. I like that it is silver as well. Most statement necklaces on the market now are a ghetto-fabulous gold color (which, don't get me wrong, I love very much), but silver just goes better with certain colors and I've read that my skin-tone looks better with silver anyhow.

But I am reluctant to spend 60 bucks on an extremely trendy piece that I wouldn't anticipate wearing all that often. As far as the cost-per-wear, not a very savvy wardrobe investment choice for my lifestyle. But if you are like me and will do just about anything to make something work for you, may I suggest the below item for all the budget-conscious divas out there:


Silver Look Mix Chain Collar, Dorothy Perkins, (SALE!) $17.00

The similarity is chilling (I've always wanted to say that...in my best CSI: Miami voice impression). It's hard to approximate a size comparison, but if I had to guess I'd say the Dorothy Perkins necklace is a bit smaller. I also must have to say that Dorothy Perkins is rapidly becoming one of my favorite online haunts! It's nice to know that 75-80% of the clothes go up to my size and the stuff available is so on trend. The only downside is that I think a sizable portion of the clothes offered are a little overpriced (which could be due to the british pounds to american dollar conversion). Luckily (or unluckily for me), DP has many, MANY sales throughout the year that make prices much more reasonable.

Anyway, that's all for today my little darlings. It's been a blast - see you soon!



(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis