Wednesday, July 17, 2013

OOTD: Showers of Flowers

Toasted Crackerz: Plus-Size Fashion Blog
ASOS CURVE Swing Dress with Daisy Applique, ASOS, $110.31
Black Gold Metal Stretch Belt, Torrid, $16.50

Can I just stop and say how much I absolutely, positively, limitlessly, LOOOOOVE this dress???!!! Okay, glad I got that out of my system. But seriously, it's fabulous. I feel like a fairy princess when I wear it (don't judge me). The sleeves are long, but they're a bit too long on me, plus it was HOT, so I pushed them up. I wore this to go on an apartment tour. The plan is that I'll be moving into a dorm/apartment hybrid building downtown the day after my birthday, which is a while from now, but I hope to sign a lease soon.

The dress is a trapeze dress, so unless you want to look: a) pregnant or b) like an enormous flowery...I don't know - panda? - you're gonna wanna belt that sucker. I used my new favorite belt from Torrid. I've been looking for a gold bar belt for quite some time. There was a time a while back where it seemed like EVERYONE was wearing them, and I couldn't find one anywhere! But then ASOS Curve had one, and it sold out in every size within a week. So I waited...like a mongoose. :P Finally I saw this one at Torrid and sprang on it (like a mongoose!) not knowing it it too would instantly sell out.  Luckily for all of you ladies it is indeed still in stock. It is a little overpriced in my opinion, but I think it's worth it. It looks great with this dress. Oh yeah, another thing about the belt: It doesn't come bent at the waist, like you see mine is. It comes as a flat bar. I'm not sure if that's the way it's supposed to look, but I bent it over my thigh to fit my waist better because I couldn't stand seeing the elastic gap at the ends of the straight metal bar...it's hard to describe. But the thing to take away from this is that it looks so much better when it's moulded to your shape.

One last thing about the (fabulous) dress. Do not buy if you don't own a nude bra (which you should anyway!!!). The lace is see through, and though you can't tell from the picture (thanks to a nude bra) the top of the dress actually cuts across almost mid bra. In other words, if you weren't wearing a bra you'd be seeing an indecent amount of cleavage. And the back is sheer lace as well. Use your best class-girl judgement. That's all I'm sayin'.

Enjoy the rest of you day!


(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis