Thursday, May 23, 2013

Emerald City

Photo curtesy of Pantone.com
You know, my little city of Eugene is known as "the Emerald City" because it's so green here. In fact, we have a bus system called the Emerald Express (EmEx for short). So it only seems fitting that I write about Pantone naming Emerald the color of the 2013 year - and let me just say I am all about it. It is one of those elusive universally flattering colors! I took some time to look up some of my favorite picks of emerald in plus-size fashion (and accessories of course!).



Toasted Crackerz: Plus-Size Fashion Blog
1. Round Gemstone Stackable Ring, JC Penney, $35.00
2. Emerald Satin Bustier & G-String Set, Torrid, (SOLD OUT) (available in black here)
3. Women's Meridian Reversible Cable Hat, Land's End, (SALE) $17.99
4. Calvin Klein Plus Size Block Print Maxi, Zappos, $139.50
5. NYDJ Plus Size Plus Size Alisha Fitted Ankle Jean in Colored Denim, 6PM, $34.99
6. Mossimo Supply Co.  Plus-Size Long-Sleeve Pullover Top, Target, $22.99
7. Women's Plus Boyfriend Cardis, Old Navy, (SALE) $12.99
8. Rachel Pally Plus Plus Size Viva Dress, 6PM, (SOLD OUT) (similar here, and a sexier version here)
9. ASOS Mini Tote Bag With Tassel Detail, ASOS, $42.43

And there you have it! I personally have my eye focused very keenly on the ASOS tote bag (being short, it is extraordinarily hard to find fashionable bags that don't overwhelm me!) and the stackable emerald ring from JCP (also available in every birth stone...at that price I might have to get a sapphire as well...)

I tried to be as diverse with the selections as possible. It was actually pretty hard to find all the things I did, partly because of price (I didn't think anything over $150 is practical for the every-day woman), partly because of size issues (trendy plus-size clothing is always a hunt), and partly because not everything emerald green is labeled "emerald" so I had to expand my search with just "green."

All in all, I think the prices are very reasonable for each piece - in some cases I would even call it an amazing deal! That's all I have for today, so enjoy and happy shopping from the Emerald City!



(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis