Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My Fashion Icon: Ulyana Sergeenko

Fashion Icon
All images curtesy of Google Images

I would like to introduce you all to one of the most fabulous, most ingenious, most gorgeous, most original, most make-you-want-to-stab-your-own-eyes-out-she's-so-perfect woman, the one, the only Miss Ulyana Sergeenko. I tell you, this woman can do it all: photography, styling, blogging, clothing design, taking care of two kids, and let's not forget the occasional modeling job. 

I'm serious! It's like everything about her is perfect! Her hair, her makeup (hello, frickin' amazing lipstick application skillz!) her jewelry, her clothes - IT'S ALL IMMACULATE! (If it sounds like I have an unhealthy obsession with her, it's probably because I do.) I have a folder on my computer of probably over 100 pictures of just her. Okay...the more I talk about this, I'll admit, the creepier it's sounding.

I started following Ulyana when I saw a picture of her a couple years ago on the Sartorialist.com at fashion week. I don't remember what she was wearing, but I do remember being hooked after that. I had never seen anyone with a style like hers. It seemed like most fashion icons fell into one category or the other: totally off the fashion deep end (i.e - a little crazy looking), or pulled together yet nothing really POPPED (they just felt a little conventional). But Ulyana reconciled both categories. She was fashion forward with the shapes, textures, and fabrics she wore, yet classic in the styling. 



I will admit, I've seen a couple things she's worn and been like, "whaaaat...?" But after a bit, it grew on me. I mean, the woman is taking risks! She risked looking like a freak in the photos below, but I think she looks so badass! She's just standing around in her couture and her teal stilettos with a Hannibal Lector-esque lace band around her face like it's no big deal, putting on some face powder like she's the only one on the planet. That is so freaking awesome! (I also love the glimpse of a red lip you can see through the lace!)

One of my favorite things about Ulyana is that she's not afraid. She has inspired me to step further and further out of my comfort box in fashion. My hope is that one day I'll be able to walk down the street, wherever I live, and just believe I'm fabulous. I honestly think people will pick up on that belief and see the fashion, not a crazy lady walking around downtown with a strip of lace over her face. (She has also single-handedly ignited my Russo-philia. I'm teaching myself Russian now!)

Below I've pulled some of my favorite outfits Ulyana's wore from my photo collection (again...trying not to sound creepy). Happy viewing!








(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis