Sunday, May 5, 2013

LOOK-ALIKES: J. Crew Bubble Necklace

Hello! Today’s Look Alike is brought to you by J. Crew and Charlotte Russe. Recently, I was browsing a fashion blog, and I came across this necklace:


J. Crew Bubble Necklace (OUT OF STOCK), $150


I smiled and thought to myself, “Hey! I have that necklace!” I scrolled down to the bottom, where the accessories were listed, and come to find out, they cited the necklace as coming from J. Crew. At first, I thought it was a mistake. It looked exactly like my necklace, pictured here:


Charlotte Russe
Neptune's Treasure Necklace - Charlotte Russe


Then I did a little digging and realized that J. Crew does indeed make a “bubble” necklace, and in many colors too. It also retails for $150! I can’t remember how much I paid for mine, but it certainly wasn’t that much! I still can’t believe how similar they look! The only difference I could see was the quality of the chain, the hardware holding the beads in place, and maybe deeper, richer blues.

It looks like the Charlotte Russe version can’t be found online anymore (I did buy it several years ago, after all). It appears some J. Crew versions are also available on eBay, if you're looking for a deal. Also, you can find TONS of these types of necklaces on Etsy if you want to go more local.



(Follow my blog with Bloglovin here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddThis